- 2-1/2 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 1 10-3/4 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups dried tart cherries
- 2 4-1/2 oz button mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup pearl onions (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 oz package medium egg noodles, cooked and well drained
Trim fat from steak. Cut steak into 1" cubes.
Coat a large, oven-proof Dutch oven or stockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place over medium heat until hot.
Add steak. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned. Drain well. Set aside.
Recoat pan with cooking spray. Place over medium heat.
Add minced garlic and chopped onion. Sauté for 1 minute. Add wine and mushroom soup and mix well. Bring mixture to a boil.
Return steak to pan. Stir in cherries, mushrooms and pearl onions.
Combine flour and water in a small bowl, blending until smooth with a wire whisk. Gradually stir flour mixture into steak mixture. Mix well.
Bake, covered, in a preheated 350° oven 1-1/2 hours, or until steak is tender and mixture is thickened. Serve over cooked noodles.